Friday, June 26, 2009

A change in time.

I can't say for sure if it was just as tragic the day the music died, but because of the speed of communication these days it seems as though you can't go anywhere without a tribute to Mr. Jackson.
to be completely honest, I did enjoy his music, but I was never a really big fan of him, and I can never say I was or I would be a liar. I understand the grieving of a person who has influenced many though his music, but I can't help but wonder how many of the tributes made out there are a ploy to gain attention, to gain recognition of their own work.
which brings me to another point.
Michael Jackson died, yes, but millions die everyday. where's their tribute? where's their medley? its unfair. Mothers, Father, Sisters, Brothers, Daughters, and Sons they influence our lives don't they? Police, Firemen, Doctors, Bystanders, they all save lives.
Could the world, for just once, not overreact to death of a famous person.
no one wants to be forgotten, i get that. but i don't think they want their death to be some kind of historical event, because it's an everyday thing. think about it this way, if there were to be a textbook with all the dates of famous people's death and a little obituary of them, it'd be larger than a dictionary.

we should move on, death is suppose to happen anyways.

No comments: